The following booking conditions together with the general information are governed by and constituted in accordance with Greek Law.
By proceeding with a Booking, you are deemed to have confirmed your acceptance, in full, to these Conditions: SKINNER Ltd, Kapodistriou 118, Corfu 49100, Greece or Kavalloti 5, Athens 11742, Greece (“Skinner Ltd”, “we”, “us”) is the duly authorised owner of the property intended to be let (“the Suites”). These Booking Conditions and any booking made through us constitute a contract between you (as the intended visitor to the Suites and which means all of you if more than one) and us. All deposits paid are held to the order of us.
Booking Procedure and Payment
1. The payment of the 50% deposit, is fully refundable if the cancellation takes place at least 4 weeks before the booked arrival date.
2. Balance is paid on prior the check-in on line.
3. The applicable prices shall be as confirmed at the time a booking is requested and are calculated per day in Euros unless otherwise stated. You accept that all prices advertised are subject to change from time to time and without notice until acceptance of your booking has been confirmed by us.
4. Unless detailed as payable locally or as otherwise confirmed to you in writing, the price includes electricity, water, linen charge every 3 days, or any other extra services specified at the time of booking.
Care and Condition of the Suite
5. The Suite is let for holiday purposes only and may not be used for any other purpose without the written consent of “Skinner Ltd”. The number of any party shall not exceed the published capacity of the Suite as stated on the website at the time of booking; you accept that the decoration, furnishings and items included in the Suite may differ from that shown in any brochure or literature available at the time of booking, due to necessary or other changes at our discretion.
6. You must notify us as soon as possible after arrival if the Suite is damaged in any way or, throughout your stay, if any other problems or damage occur(s), so that we may take appropriate steps. Except for any damage notified to us upon arrival, all damage during your stay in the Suite and any loss which, in each case, is apparent from an inspection of the Suite after your departure will be your responsibility to cover the cost and you agree to fully indemnify us in this respect. Any serious damage or misuse in relation either to the Suite or items provided may, in our discretion, result in your occupation being brought to an early end.
7. “Skinner Ltd” cannot be held responsible for failure of public utilities (such as water and electricity) and is not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond our control.
Amendments or Cancellations by the Client
8. Any cancellation (for whatever reason) by you must sent by mail to email@example.com. The effective date of cancellation will be the date on which we receive your written notification.
9. If you cancel 4 weeks or more before departure you will lose your deposit.
10. If you cancel within 4 weeks of departure, “Skinner Ltd” will be entitled to charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to the full holiday cost unless we are able to re-let the Suite to another client. If re-let successfully, where the fee is at least equal to your full holiday cost, your balance will be returned in full; if the re-let is for a lower amount, the balance will be deducted from the amount to be returned to you, representing the loss to us from your cancellation.
Amendments or Cancellations by Skinner Ltd
11. In the unlikely event that it is necessary for “Skinner Ltd” to make an alteration or cancellation to any booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and, if requested, will try to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar type and standard in a similar location. If alternative accommodation is not requested or, where requested, is not available, all monies paid by you will be refunded in full and you accept (waiving all rights to claim on any other basis, save as provided in clause 15), that this represents an adequate remedy.
12. The information and any description (including photographs) supplied by “Skinner Ltd” in respect of any suite are shown in good faith as generally being available at the time of booking. Should local amenities vary or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions or local circumstances, you acknowledge that “Skinner Ltd” cannot be held responsible.
13. It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your holiday, to ensure these are in proper order and to take them with you and to ensure that you have a valid passport and the necessary visas.
14. It is your responsibility to keep all children and adults at the Suites safe. “Skinner Ltd” will not be held responsible for any accident that might occur as a result of you not being vigilant either inside or outside the Suite. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Our Liability and Responsibility
15. Subject to the limitations set out in clauses 17 to 20 (inclusive), we agree to be responsible to you for any direct financial loss that you suffer provided such loss is as a direct result of misrepresentation by us concerning your booking; the maximum amount of our liability to you is set out in clause 21.
16. In order to be able to recover any loss at all from us, under clause 15, such loss must have been reasonably foreseeable, both at the time this agreement was entered in to and at the time a claim is made; you acknowledge that it would not be reasonable for us to be responsible for losses that were never in the contemplation of either of us at the time your Booking was confirmed and this agreement was entered in to.
Recovery from Others
17. To the extent that you are able to recover any loss suffered from a third party, such as through travel or other insurance or from anyone else, you agree to use all best endeavours to seek recovery in full from that third party before seeking to recover such loss from us; however, to the extent that you may have a claim, we require you to notify us of the nature and extent of the claim as soon as possible, so that we are aware of the potential claim and, if considered appropriate, have the opportunity to take such steps as we consider necessary to mitigate any loss or damage that you might suffer as a result of it.
No Liability for Indirect or Consequential Financial Loss
18. –Our liability shall only extend to direct losses suffered by you in accordance with clause 15; to the extent that you may suffer any consequential, indirect or economic loss, of whatever nature, including loss of profit or wages, each of these are expressly excluded from the extent of our liability and you hereby waive any rights that you may otherwise have in law to claim such losses or damage.
19. You shall be wholly responsible for all items of property which belong to you and which you have with you during your stay. In the exceptional case of necessary withdrawal of the Suite from rental, the Suite being damaged to such degree that the Booking cannot commence or any alteration to the Suite prior to your occupation – “Skinner Ltd” we will try to alter your Booking under the provisions of clause 11.
Circumstances Beyond Our Control
20. Unless we say otherwise in these booking conditions, unfortunately we will not be legally responsible for any compensation if we are prevented or delayed from carrying out our responsibilities under these booking conditions as a result of events beyond our control. This means an event that we could not, even with all due care, have expected to occur or which we could otherwise have avoided, including but not limited to:
20.1 the breakdown of any equipment or machinery provided or made available to you, adverse weather or local conditions including flood, snow or storm, the inability of any person to deliver or supply goods (including the availability of transportation, food, utilities and other general requirements) for whatever reason, including the difficulty or increased costs in finding workers to provide or deliver such goods and services; and
20.2 strikes and industrial action, lock-out or labour disputes, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, war, riot or civil commotion, sabotage or malicious damage, fire, accidents, pandemics, keeping to any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, local restrictions or bye-laws, local custom or Acts of God.
Maximum Liability to You
21. Save in respect of clause 23, our maximum liability to you, whether in contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise and including any liability we may have to statutory interest, is limited to the total amount of commission actually received by us in relation to the Booking under these Conditions.
22. To the extent and only if we are aware of circumstances described in clause 21, we shall inform you of these in writing, stating that such cause has prevented or delayed us in performing our obligations hereunder, but we shall take all steps that are reasonable and within our power to comply with the provisions of this agreement as fully and promptly as possible.
23. Notwithstanding anything above, no provision of these Conditions shall operate to limit or exclude our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
24. “Skinner Ltd” reserves the right to refuse to accept bookings from clients who are not adequately insured against holiday risks (including the cost of the booking).
Suite Arrival and Departure Times:
25. You must arrive after 3pm on the date of your arrival. Please note that these times can be adjusted with prior arrangement with the concierge.
26. Departure until 11am on the date of your departure.
27. In the unlikely event that you have any complaint regarding the Suite you must inform the concierge within 24 hours and in writing (including email). Failure to follow this procedure will mean that “Skinner Ltd” will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate your complaint and take steps to rectify any issues whilst you were in the suite and this may affect your rights under this contract.
28. This agreement is governed by Greek law and the courts of Greece have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Wifi, Communications and Internet Access
29. The suites have internet connection/WiFi which can be used at no extra charge. WiFi works effectively for checking emails or web pages. Good download or upload speeds able to handle YouTube, music, movies or use Skype-type systems, however, if multiple mobiles/tablets are used at the same time, this may cause delays. “Skinner Ltd” cannot take responsibility and will not be accountable for the WiFi, communications and internet access, especially in regards to power cuts, storms/lighting strikes and natural events leading to disconnection.